Lake Health PHO
Lake Health Physician Hospital Organization (PHO) is a 50/50 joint venture between two-hundred forty (240) community based participating physicians and Lake Health Medical Centers. The PHO Administrative Staff and PHO Board of Trustees offer an opportunity for the physicians to have an additional voice and working relationship with the hospital. Also the PHO provides a medium for independent physicians to work together for the promotion of medical services within our community.
The PHO's goals and objectives are established by the physician membership. The Administrative staff provides the following services of the organization:
- Managed Care Contracting - The PHO has provider contracts with thirteen (13) managed care companies plus nine (9) Medicare/Medicaid contracts. Managed Care companies have repeatedly demonstrated the value of group negotiations via increased compensation levels and language modifications that are unavailable in direct individual negotiations.
- Re-Negotiations - Additionally to successful initial negotiations, the PHO actively monitors and requests renegotiations of it’s managed care agreements.
- Managed Care Services - Our staff has the expertise and resources to assist you with payment and patient complaints. Often you may feel that the managed care companies have little concern for your overall satisfaction or addressing your specific issues. Because of the PHO relationships with the leadership of the managed care companies, the PHO often provides resolution to issues that you have not been able to resolve.
- Centralized Credentialing - The PHO has been delegated as the credentialing entity for twelve (12) contracted managed care companies. This single credentialing process eliminates your office's need to complete repeated application and repeated interruption from multiple site visits.
- Electronic Health Records - eClinicalWorks (eCW) is the vendor of choice for PHO members. This unified software package includes electronic health records, practice management and billing software. As a result of LakeHealth's financial contribution toward the purchase of the eCW, this software is affordable even for the small office.
- Medical Community Sounding Board - The PHO routinely provides its membership with current up to date bulletins ("Blast Facts") regarding emerging topics within the physician offices. Topics include new payor contracting initiatives, policy changes affecting reimbursements, trends/complaints registered at other local practices.
- Physician Directory - This directory is distributed at community events and to local employers in Lake and neighboring counties.
- Best of Health Magazine - Publications distributed to 170,000 residents area wide.