Unlike a spa massage, massage therapy targets your problems with specific treatments. The first step is meeting with one of our massage therapists, who will thoroughly assess you and create a personalized treatment plan based on your medical diagnosis.
Massage therapy in Mentor
What are the benefits of massage therapy?
There is a large body of research supporting the benefits of massage therapy. In the hands of a well-trained massage therapist, this therapy can:
- Increase circulation
- Increase/restore joint motion and flexibility
- Reduce post-surgical adhesions and swelling
- Relax and soften injured muscles
- Improve sleep quality
- Stimulate your lymph system
- Release endorphins to reduce pain
Thai “yoga” massage is an ancient healing energy and bodywork practice. This type of massage blends acupressure, Indian Ayurvedic principles and assisted yoga postures. This massage uses passive stretching and gentle pressure along energy lines and pressure points in the body.
Thai massage is traditionally performed on the floor. You lie on a padded mat as the massage practitioner guides you through partner yoga poses and manipulates your body into stretches. Some traditional massage techniques such as acupressure, compression and joint mobilization are also used, but no lotions or oils are applied, and you remain fully clothed for the session.
Thai massage has many benefits:
- Creates a deep level of relaxation
- Promotes a restorative night’s sleep
- Reduces stress in the body and the mind
- Can reduce pain in the body
- Improves overall circulation in the body
- Promotes positive energy circulation so you feel balanced and rejuvenated.