Eight out of ten Americans will experience a life-style-altering episode of back pain at some point in their lives.
Ninety percent of single episodes of back pain become recurrent. While certain diseases and traumatic injury can cause back pain, research shows that the most common causes of back pain or injury are:
- Poor physical condition
- Poor posture
- Improper body mechanics
- Prolonged, repetitive use of incorrect bending or lifting techniques.
At the Lake Health Orthopedic and Spine Center, preventing and providing relief for back pain and spinal disorders is one of our specialties. Our clinical expertise, along with state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging, helps us to diagnose your condition quickly and accurately. We then develop a plan of care that fits your needs.
We treat problems such as:
- Traumatic and overuse injuries to the spine
- Spinal deformities both acquired and congenital
- Whiplash injuries
- Systemic diseases affecting spinal function
- Degenerative spinal conditions
- Spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis
- Herniated disc lesions
- Soft tissue sprains, strains, and contusions
- Work-related back pain
- Mechanical back dysfunction
- Fractures, dislocations, subluxations
When surgery is the right solution
We exhaust every appropriate treatment option before considering surgery. If and when a problem is not corrected with prescribed rest, exercise, conditioning programs or physical therapy, our spine surgeons are fully trained to correct problems related to back pain. If surgery is the right solution, the Lake Health Orthopedic and Spine Center physicians have the training and skill to earn your confidence and trust.
For a referral to a Lake Health Orthopedic and Spine Center physician, call the Best of Health Line at 800-454-9800.