Am I a candidate for weight loss surgery?
You might be a candidate for weight loss surgery if you:
- Are over age 21
- Have 50 pounds or more to lose
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or more, or BMI of 35 to 39 with obesity-related medical problems like Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or sleep apnea
- Have a life-threatening condition or face a low quality of life because of your weight
- Have repeatedly tried other methods of losing weight without success.
- Understand the risks and benefits of weight loss surgery
- Are healthy enough to undergo the surgery.
- Are dedicated to making the lifestyle changes needed for long-term success
Is weight loss surgery right for me?
Can't make it in person?
Calculate your BMI
Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is a number that doctors use to determine healthy weight. It tells you how heavy you are for your height and how close you are to your ideal weight.
We use many indicators in addition to your BMI to determine if you are a good fit for weight loss surgery. We tailor our approach to fit your personal needs. However, calculating your BMI can be a good place to start.