IMPORTANT! READ THIS DOCUMENT. YOUR USE OF THIS SERVICE CREATES A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE IF YOU DO NOT INTEND TO BE LEGALLY BOUND TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE (“TERMS”).
1. Access to the internet (this “Service”) is provided by Lake Health (collectively, “we”, “us” or “Provider”). Your use of this Service creates a legally binding contract between you (“Guest”) and Provider, as set forth in the Terms of Service (“Terms”).
2. In the course of providing this Service, Provider may collect and have access to personally identifiable and other information regarding each Guest which may include, but is not limited to: (a) Guest name, address, telephone number; (b) Guest room account information including, Guest’s title, company name or associations (if applicable), primary language, VIP status, arrival date, departure date, and other information; (c) Guest’s hospital account charges including, date, time, guest room number, purchased item, purchase price; (d) Guest’s billing information; (e) Service transaction information including, MAC address of the Guest’s network card (or other device by which Guest accesses the Service), Provider assigned access code, if any, session ID, any applicable transaction bandwidth limitations, the IP address of the Access Point utilized by the Guest in accessing the Service, the IP address access policy used for each session (DHCP or static IP), the Service access package chosen by the Guest (if applicable), the start and end times of the Service access sessions for the Guest, the accumulated user session data by year, month, day, guest room number, revenue generated, duration of use; and (f) URL tracking reports (which may reflect the web sites visited by Guest) (collectively, the “Information”).
3. Certain employees of Provider will have access to the Information, and Provider may, in turn, disclose the Information to its employees, agents, contractors, licensors and providers.
4. Provider will use the Information for billing purposes and to generate various reports regarding Service usage and Provider may use the Information for other legal purposes, but will not, except as set forth in Section 3, or in connection with the sale or transfer of the assets of Lake Health, sell or disclose the Information to third parties.
6. Provider retains the Information for only a limited time and, therefore, Guest may not obtain access to Guest’s Information from Provider.
8. The Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) regulates the collection and use of personally identifiable information from children the age of 13 or younger, pursuant to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (the “Act”). Provider adheres to a policy of not collecting Information from children 13 years of age or younger. To that end, Provider prohibits the use of the Service by any person younger than 18 years of age without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Further, to the extent that the Service becomes accessible to a child 13 years of age or younger (by any means including Guest’s intentional or inadvertent provision of access to that child), Guest must demand that the child under the age of 13 refrain from using the Service. Children under the age of 13 are prohibited from posting or transmitting any personally identifiable or other information by use of the Service. Children under the age of 13 who wish to access resources with this Service are required to have a parent or legal guardian perform any action on his/her behalf. Guest’s may visit the FTC website at www.ftc.gov for more information about the Act and children’s online privacy in general.
Social Media Policy
BY POSTING INFORMATION ON ANY LAKE HEALTH SOCIAL MEDIA PAGE YOU AGREE TO THESE CONDITIONS.
Lake Hospital System, Inc. d/b/a Lake Health (“Lake Health”) has developed public sites on social media pages for viewing updates and/or videos and posting comments about Lake Health. These pages include but are not restricted to various blogs, bulletin boards, networks, multi-media and news media pages or other consumer generated information pages (“Social Media Pages”). By accessing, screening and/or posting any information linked directly or indirectly to Lake Health on any Social Media Page on the internet, you agree to, without restriction or qualification, the following conditions of use. If you do not agree to the conditions of this Policy, you may not view or post any information to any Social Media Page on the internet. Your use of Social Media Pages is acceptance of this Policy and has the same effect as if you had in fact physically signed an agreement.
1. You are forbidden from posting any information that is private health information, including patient images on any Social Media Page. You are also forbidden from using the Social Media Page to offer medical advice or medical interpretation by any non-Lake Health physician or to use the Social Media Page to make, advocate or increase referrals to physicians who are not employed by Lake Health.
2. By posting any information on any Social Media Page, you grant to LH the established right to duplicate, distribute, publish and exhibit such information and the right to create inferential works from your information, edit or modify such information and use such information for any Lake Health purpose.
3. As a visitor posting information to any Social Media Page on the internet, you consent that you will not: breach any local, state, federal and international laws and policies, including but not restricted to copyright and intellectual property rights laws concerning any information that you send or receive via this Policy; communicate any material (by uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise) that is illegal, disruptive, aggressive, disrespectful, offensive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, slanderous, obscene, defamatory, is an invasion of another’s privacy, is vile or ethnically, racially or otherwise disagreeable as solely determined in Lake Health’s judgment; pose as any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise feign your association with a person or entity; communicate any material (by uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make accessible under any law or under contractual or depositary relationships; communicate any material (by uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise) that encroaches any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; communicate (by uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise) any spontaneous or unofficial advertising (including publicity of non-Lake Health services or products), promotional resources, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation; communicate any material (by uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to disrupt, destroy or restrict the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; annoy another; or gather or store, or attempt to gather or store, personal data about third parties without their awareness or authority; or to share classified pricing information of any party.
4. Lake Health reserves the right to observe, exclude, restrict, block, suspend, stop, remove or terminate your access to any Social Media Page at any time, without notice, for any reason and in its sole judgment. Lake Health may remove, erase, block, sort or restrict by any other means any materials for any reason. You understand and agree that Lake Health may release your communications and activities with Lake Health in response to lawful demands by governmental authorities, including Patriot Act demands, court orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the safeguard of Lake Health rights. You agree that in the event that Lake Health exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, Lake Health will have no legal responsibility to you.
5. You agree that any claim or argument relating to your posting of any information on a Social Media Page on the internet shall be interpreted in congruence with the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard to its conflict of laws and provisions, and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the local, state or federal courts located in Lake County, Ohio.
6. You shall preserve, assure and hold Lake Health and its corporate affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns safe from and against, and shall promptly compensate them for any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) to which any of them may become subject arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with, your posting of any information to a Social Media Page, any third party claims of infringement or any breach of this Policy.
7. YOU CLEARLY CONCEDE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL ACCOUNTABILITY RELATED TO THE PROTECTION, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INNATE IN SENDING ANY INFORMATION OVER THE INTERNET. By its very nature, a webpage AND THE INTERNET cannot be completely safeguarded against deliberate or malicious infringement attempts. Lake Health does not control the THIRD PARTY PAGES AND THE INTERNET over which you may choose to send confidential personal or health information OR OTHER INFORMATION and, therefore, LAKE HEALTH DOES NOT WARRANT ANY SAFEGUARD AGAINST ANY such inhibitors or jeopardy of your information. When posting any information on an internet site, you should think carefully about your own privacy in disclosing detailed or private information about yourself and your family. FURTHERMORE, LAKE HEALTH DOES NOT SUPPORT ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, VIEWS OR INFORMATION DISPLAYED ON THE SOCIAL MEDIA PAGE.
8. You may not provide any information to a Social Media Page that contains any product or service recommendation or any information that may be interpreted as political campaigning, lobbying or contributions or use the Social Media Page to link to any sites or political candidates or parties or use the Social Media Page to discuss any political issues whatsoever.
9. THIS POLICY MAY BE AMENDED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND EACH TIME A USER ACCESSES A SOCIAL NETWORKING PAGE, THE NEW POLICY WILL GOVERN USAGE EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. To remain in agreement, Lake Health suggests that you review the Policy, as well as the other webpage policies, at regular intervals. By continuing to post any information after such new conditions are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this Policy.