For best results, please follow these tips:
- Bring your doctor’s order for Holter monitoring to the Cardiopulmonary Services Department on the day of your test and register 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Take your normal medications, unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Wear a loose-fitting blouse or shirt that opens in the front.
- Replace an electrode if it detaches and record the time it became unstuck in your diary.
- Let us know if you have a pacemaker.
- Don’t shower or swim while wearing the monitor and don’t get the recorder or electrodes wet.
- Don’t use an electric blanket, heating pad or get close to a magnet while wearing the recorder.
- Don’t apply lotion or powder before we attach your monitor electrodes.
Holter monitoring tests are performed by appointment only.