Preparing for Your PET/CT
Follow these tips for a successful PET/CT scan:
- Don’t eat for four hours before the exam.
- You may be asked to refrain from exercise for 24 hours prior to this test.
- Drink 24-30 ounces of water spaced over two hours before the scan. Black, decaffeinated coffee (no cream, no sugar) is also acceptable.
- Take your usual medications unless directed otherwise.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Tell your physician and technologist if you are diabetic.
- Tell your physician and technologist if you are or may be pregnant.
- Please register 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment. Bring your physician order and a complete list of your medications, vitamins and supplements to your appointment.