Thai Yoga Massage
Thai yoga massage is an ancient healing energy and bodywork practice. This type of massage blends acupressure, Indian Ayurvedic principles and assisted yoga postures. This massage uses passive stretching and gentle pressure along energy lines and pressure points in the body. Thai massage is traditionally performed on the floor on a padded mat.
A massage practitioner guides you through partner yoga poses and manipulates your body into stretches. Some traditional massage techniques such as acupressure, compression and joint mobilization are also used, but no lotions or oils are applied, and you remain fully clothed for the session.
Thai massage has many benefits:
- Creates a deep level of relaxation
- Promotes a restorative night’s sleep
- Reduces stress in the body and the mind
- Can reduce pain in the body
- Improves overall circulation in the body
- Promotes positive energy circulation for balance and rejuvenation