Wound Care Center
At any given time, almost seven million Americans suffer from problem wounds. The team at the Lake Health Wound Care Center uses the most up-to-date scientific advances in wound care to help treat people with wounds that are hard to heal. The only center of its kind in Lake County, the Wound Care Center at Lake West Medical Center offers wound care on an outpatient basis.
We treat most problem wounds, including:
- Ulcers caused by conditions such as diabetes or poor blood flow
- Pressure sores
- Surgical wounds that are slow to heal
- Wounds from radiation treatments.
Our Wound Care Center has earned the Center of Excellence Award from Healogics, Inc. for its performance. We excelled in key performance indicators, including patient satisfaction, healing rate and median days to heal.
Patients first receive a thorough diagnostic exam to help us tailor a comprehensive wound management program specific to your needs. Treatment options include:
- Wound dressing and debridement
- Compression therapy using special medical socks or stockings
- Infectious disease management
- Physical therapy
- Vascular evaluation
- Exploratory lab tests
- Prescription medications to help encourage healing
- Nutrition management
- Pain management
- Diabetes education
- Nuclear medicine
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) chambers.
To learn more about treatment at the Wound Care Center, please call 440-918-6341.